The School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering has the right to award master's degrees in the first level disciplines of chemical engineering and technology.
The discipline is concerned with the general principles and laws governing chemical and physical processes represented by the chemical industry, as well as other process industries such as pharmaceuticals, environment, polymers, and industrial catalysis, and the application of these laws to solve the chemical processes and chemical materials development, design, operation and optimization of the engineering disciplines.
Currently, there are 44 master’s tutors, including 15 professors and 17 associate professors, 90% of whom have doctoral degrees and 70% of whom have overseas backgrounds. It has a member of the Teaching Steering Committee of the Ministry of Education, a member of the special allowance of the government of the State Council, and 5 talents at the provincial and ministerial levels. In the past five years, he has presided over 46 national and provincial-level scientific research projects with 19.19 million funding, published 208 SCI papers, including 92 papers above 2 districts and 78 patents granted, and won 3 science and technology awards above the provincial-level. At present, there are five secondary research directions:
1. Chemical Technology: (1) Green Chemical Process Technology; (2) Functional Chemical Design and performance regulation; (3) Efficient Separation and Resource Recycling Technology;
2. Applied Chemistry: (1) Functional Membrane Materials and Fine Chemicals; (2) Environmental Chemistry and Pollution Control Technology; (3) Functional Polymer Materials and Additives;
3. Material Chemical Engineering: (1) Functional Nano materials and Preparation Technology; (2) Design, Preparation and Application of New Energy Materials; (3) Preparation and Performance Research of New Structural Materials;
4. Pharmaceutical and Fine Chemical Industry: (1) Drug Separation, Drug Safety and Quality Control; (2) Design and Optimization of Synthesis Process of Drugs and Intermediates; (3) Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Engineering Technology and Pharmaceutical Preparations;
5. Industrial Catalysis: (1) Energy and Green Chemical Catalysis; (2) Environmental Catalysis; (3) Molecular Catalysis and Reaction Process Simulation.
The subject focuses on serving the local economy and other practical issues, makes full use of the integration advantages of the institute in the fields of discipline, talent and specialty, and explores the way of the subject serving the local economy from the transformation of scientific research achievements. Through the discipline construction, strive to form the undergraduate, master and doctor multi-level applied chemistry personnel training mode.